Wednesday 22 May 2013

Sea Change

A friend of a friend of a friend of mine, always puts the IF condition on her happiness statement.

e.g. I'd be sooooooooo happy IF I had a house by the sea ... the surf ... not just the bay.

Have you ever caught yourself doing that? I bet you're not happy after saying it!

Notice what happens when you turn it around.

e.g. It'd be really amazing if I could have a house by the surf. Fortunately, it is not required for happiness.

I don't know about you, but after I say that turnaround pair of sentences, I get a thought with a smile that goes something like this... 'O yeah, that's right, now what was I going to do?' I'm happy and I move on to DO something. Now that's gotta be good.

Your turn. Fill in the gap with your IF condition for happiness, then go DO something. And leave a comment below with your thoughts about it all.

“It’d be really amazing if I could __________________.

Fortunately, it is not required for happiness.” alexandrafranzen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment